Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Ipad Apps for Education and Special Needs

So we decided to get Lucas a iPad well ok not just for him for me too ;) but the primary goal is to help him, I think everyone know there is a lot of talk about iPad helping kids to learn better. We have seen how he does well with the iPhone which I'm also going to talk about of the apps we have for him for both  just the ones that worked for us. The bottom line is you have to know your child, for Lucas he likes interaction where he has to do something, has to be animated because he is very visual, if the app has a free version even better. The iPhone helped me to know things he attracted to .
I will start today talking about 2 of his favorite apps they are so well made they have for iphone and ipad right now we just have on the iphone it was one of the first ones and I don't want him to get tired so I dont repeat the iphone and ipad apps. This company makes excellent well made apps. Duck Duck Moose






I like that the made him learn the song, they beautifully sang almost like classical music style. there is a lot of interaction, so two things my son loves music and cause and effect type of interactions. Here you can see a video of a child using it .



Wheels on the bus is another good one Lucas got a little tired of it , he has his phases but it's beautiful done. You can't beat for the price. Here's a video that shows the app.

But now his favorite all time crazy about is Fish School which is so beautiful.I'm thinking to get for the iPad because on the big screen must be even better.



You can see the video and screen shots at Duck Duck Moose site HERE.
Lucas loves the aBC song and all the fish forming the letters, also has numbers and shapes. It's beautiful. And sometimes he attempts to sing with it which I'm all excited for something that makes him wanting to speak.

So on a regular bases I will come back with more app reviews of the ones I'm using.

Jana

No comments:

Post a Comment